iOS : Audio is not working when multiple people join the meeting. Speaker (person) gets muted while talking

Description

I have enabled the custom UI, when I run the meeting and multiple persons are in the meeting room if one person talks the other person is getting muted and while talking in the meeting in between the person gets muted. Please help me to fix this issue.

Which version?
v5.2.42037.1112

Hey @vignesh,

It is good to see you again! :slight_smile:
Let me try and reproduce this, and I will let you know what I find.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @vignesh,

I am not experiencing the same issue. Can you provide your audio code please?
Are you also experiencing this using the Zoom client application?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
Am not facing this issue with the zoom client, I have also have an android application, the android app is working fine. Issue exists only with the iOS app.

Am not using any specific code for audio.

this is the code snippet I have used to join a meeting.

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()?.enableCustomMeeting = true

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.customizedUImeetingDelegate = self

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.delegate = self

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()?.setMuteAudioWhenJoinMeeting(false)

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()?.enableMicOriginalInput(true)

if(zoomMeetingId == "") {
                             // If the meeting number is empty, return error.
                               return
                       } else {
                            // If the meeting number is not empty.

let getservice = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()

if let service = getservice {
                                service.delegate = self
                                 let paramDict =      [kMeetingParam_Username:"\	(displayName)",kMeetingParam_MeetingNumber:zoomMeetingId, kMeetingParam_MeetingPassword:zoomMeetingPassword] as [String : Any]

let response = service.joinMeeting(with: paramDict)

print("onJoinMeeting, response: \(response)")
                             }
                          }

Hey @vignesh

Have you implemented a MobileRTCAudioServiceDelegate? If so, can you let me know what callbacks are being triggered when an individual gets muted?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
I have implemented MobileRTCAudioServiceDelegate and this method, onMyAudioStateChange is getting executed when the audio gets muted .

@vignesh,

Hmm that is strange. You can try putting the following in that callback to see if you can force the audio to not mute. I am not sure why this could be happening as it is not happening in the sample application.

if let meetingService = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService() {
        if meetingService.myAudioType() == MobileRTCAudioType_None {
            meetingService.connectMyAudio(true)
        } else if meetingService.isMyAudioMuted() {
            meetingService.muteMyAudio(false)
        }
    }

Is anything else in your setup able to interfere with the audio of the device? IE, a webview, media player, another application?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
I added your code snippet, the error persists still. When a single attendee starts speaking there is no issue, once another attendee starts to speak the issue shows up. And the audio gets auto mute.

No Michael, no other interference.

Hey @vignesh,

Could you sandbox this issue into a small sample application and email the Xcode project over to developersupport@zoom.us then mention this post so that I can look at it?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
Sure, please give me sometime, will send you ASAP.

1 Like

Hey @vignesh,

Thank you!

Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
As you requested, I was about to send the sample application to you, so I started to strip down other functionalities in my code and found the audio to be working fine. Then I was able to figure out what was causing the issue.

My audio is working fine now, thanks for your help and support.

Thanks,
R.Vignesh.

1 Like

Hey @vignesh,

Funny how that works sometimes! I am glad it is working now, though. Can I ask what the solution was?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
I have added MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.muteMyAudio(false) in the onSinkMeetingActiveVideo method, removing this line made the app working. I have one more issue now, I have added video of the participants and the app is getting crash due to memory issue, will you be able to help me with this?

Hello @Michael_Condon,
I have fixed the memory crash issue. Just one more help how to show our self view, currently am using this code showAttendeeVideo(videoView: userVideoView, withUserId: (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.myselfUserID())!)

Is there any better way of doing this ?

Hey @vignesh,

I am glad your crash was resolved :slight_smile:
In regards to your self-view question: Not really, that is how I show the self-view in my application as well.

Thanks!
Michael

ok thank you @Michael_Condon

1 Like

You are welcome @vignesh!