iOS Mobile SDK Kicking Me Out Of Session with Errors 16 and 2003

Description
After downloading the Zoom Instant SDK sample app, configuring the provisioning profiles, and setting up a JWT, I am unable to access a room.

I launch the app, go to create a session, enter the same room name used in the JWT, and click create. I see the camera work for a second, but then I am immediately kicked out with errors 16 and 2003 printed to the console.

Looking into those in the documentation was not particularly revealing, basically just “try again” or “double check inputs”

Which version?
v5.4.54520.1229, maybe? Whichever version was downloaded today from the marketplace.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
iPhone XS
iOS 14.3

Hey @ncoelius,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

I am sorry this is happening. However, with some troubleshooting, I think we can get you going with the sample app :slight_smile:

My first suspicion is that there is an issue with the JWT. The documentation looks to have a typo in the payload example. There should be no quotes around the value for the exp key. Also, please verify that the times are in epoch format.

Here is an example payload that I just used that worked:
{
“app_key”: “myappkeyhere”,
“version”: 1,
“user_identity”: “michael”,
“iat”: 1610643975,
“exp”: 1610730374,
“tpc”: “test”
}

Also, if you used jwt.io, please make sure you left “secret base64 encoded unchecked”.

One other thing to check is that you have provided a domain in the appdelegate.h. I use “zoom.us” for this field.

Thanks!
Michael

Still getting kicked out, looks like. This is the JWT I used via jwt.io:

{
“app_key”:"[SDK Key]",
“version”: 1,
“user_identity”: “Nick”,
“iat”: 1610646797,
“exp”: 1610716990,
“tpc”: “test”
}

kSDKDomain is set to “zoom.us

Thoughts?

I tried the JWT you provided and no dice there, either. Half second of camera functionality and then kicked out of the room.

Is there something wrong with the app we stood up, maybe? An entitlement we’re missing for our SDK key?

Hey @ncoelius,

That is interesting. Just to make sure we have all the info possible:

• Are you using a password when joining?
  • Can you confirm that “test” is lowercase and with no space appended to it before you click “create”? (I have made this mistake before since the iOS keyboard automatically changes words sometimes)
  • You are not using a client SDK Key or API key correct?

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon

• No Password
  • test is all lowercase with no space (I double checked that extra space too, one of the many annoying quirks of iOS)
  • Based on trying to build another app the credentials I have are for a “Fully Customizable SDK,” which I believe is correct?

Linked is a video of the behavior. Please excuse my caveman beard, it’s been a long quarantine.

1 Like

Hey @ncoelius,

In regards to the beard, don’t apologize; if anything, I am impressed.
I am not seeing anything you are doing that looks incorrect.
To be double-sure, you are using the traditional quotes in the JWT payload and not “” right?
You didn’t modify any of the code within the sample app, besides adding the domain and JWT?
Was your SDK Key issued today?

Thanks!
Michael

SDK Key was issued a couple of days ago, when a coworker downloaded the SDK and sample app.

JWT.io didn’t complain about my quotes, so I’m pretty sure they’re “”

No modifications were made besides changing the value of the JWT inside of the quotation marks for kAppToken. As this is a dummy app with no market value I’m just going to post that here:

#define kAppToken @"https://jwt.io/#debugger-io?token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJhcHBfa2V5Ijoidm9UNXcxcDJwUHpoM0FnOXgyYVJ2SkJramtsSnE4UlFqaGI6Ik5pY2siLCJpYXQiOjE2MTA2NDM5NzUsImV4cCI6MTYxMDczMDM3NCwidHBjIjoidGVzdCJ9.bxjO9FeIzkox68aUsbHXDsd9mhZStqCG7w-gmHCfZjY"

That’s straight off of clicking Share JWT…did I generate that wrong, somehow?

Hey @ncoelius,

Oh I see! Yes, dont copy it from the “Share JWT” button copy the actual text from the debugger screen. There should not be a “https://jwt.io/#debugger-io?token=” or anything like that.

Thanks!
Michael

Well now I feel silly. Wild that it still “worked” to open the room in the first place when the JWT was so very wrong.

Anyways, thanks! First time messing with JWTs so I had no idea what I should or shouldn’t have been looking at!

1 Like

@ncoelius,

Awesome! I am so glad that worked! I understand, there should definitely be a clearer error from the SDK. I wouldnt be too hard on yourself JWT’s are super finicky.

Thanks!
Michael