iOS SDK - How can I retrieve meeting hash password or join_url after creating scheduled meeting?

Description
I implemented start an instant/schedule meeting with login user. However, when creating the scheduled meeting, we were unable to retrieve the meeting hash password or join_url. We only got that after the host started that meeting, but it’s inconvenient for the other members.

Therefore my question is How can I retrieve the meeting hash password or join_url after creating a scheduled meeting? so we can share this info to the other users.

Which iOS Client SDK version?
The latest SDK v5.5.12511.0421

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Login Zoom account
  2. Create a scheduled meeting
  3. sinkSchedultMeeting delegate function only return meeting_id

Hey @dokhanhtoan,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

There are known stability issues with the PreMeeting service and we instead recommend developers to use the Rest API for scheduling meetings instead. From there, the endpoint https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate will return a joinURL that can be passed into the handZoomWebUrl method. This will join the user with a join url instead of calling join meeting and passing in a password.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply.
We implemented the login feature using Zoom SDK, so what is the suitable OAuth method to use for this case before I call an API to create a meeting for a specific email user? I read the OAuth section in the document but it mentions many types of authentication so I’m a little bit confused.

Hey @dokhanhtoan,

We will hope to have a full blown guide on how to do this in the SDK soon. But essentially you need to register your application as an OAuth application. Then when you have Zoom OAuth app credentials (similar to your SDK credentials) you can navigate the user to the Zoom OAuth endpoint in a browser.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.