iOS and Android : How to join the meeting through a meeting link instead of meeting id and password

Description
How to join the meeting in the SDK via meeting link instead of meeting id and password.

Hey @vignesh,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

You would have to parse out the ID from the URL and have the user enter the password manually.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon
Thank you. Is there a way to pass the entire url to a method and get the meeting started?

Hey @vignesh,

Sorry, totally spaced about this function: Try using handZoomWebURL.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon
I tried using handZoomWebURL but it did not work. Am using the below code, please let me know if am doing anything wrong. Am using custom UI

if let service = getservice {
service.delegate = self
let paramDict = [kMeetingParam_Username:"(displayName)",kMeetingParam_MeetingNumber:zoomMeetingId, kMeetingParam_MeetingPassword:zoomMeetingPassword] as [String : Any]

let response = service.joinMeeting(with: paramDict)

this piece of code I have used to start the meeting using meeting id and password. As per your instruction I have used hanndZoomURL function.

let response = service.handZoomWebUrl(meetingUrl!)

But the meeting does not start if I use handZoomWebUrl

Hey @vignesh,

Hmm, ok let me run some tests real quick. Stay tuned.

Michael

Hey @vignesh,

So I just tested this function using the latest version of the SDK and was able to join a meeting. Let’s troubleshoot together :slight_smile:

First let’s try switching to a default UI, just to test if the link and function are working and that the custom UI is not causing issues.
Try running this code:

static func handZoomWebURL(_ url: String) {
    guard let meetingService = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService() else { return }

let handZoomWebURLreturnValue = meetingService.handZoomWebUrl(url)

switch handZoomWebURLreturnValue {
    case .success:
        print("Successfully called handZoomWebURL")
    default:
        print("Failed to hand Zoom Web URL with error: \(handZoomWebURLreturnValue.rawValue)")
    }
}

Let’s also check we are using a valid url. I started a meeting on my desktop using the Mac client application and pulled the link from the meeting details:
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.38.58 AM

You should not have to provide meeting details to use this function.

Let me know what happens
Thanks!