Is is possible to display one or two video feeds in custom interface

Hi all, we are investigating the feasibility of using Zoom to integrate video conferencing into our event software so our typical in person events can be run remotely.

One of the events requires an Actor have an interaction with a Delegate while the rest of the team including a Coach observe; in this case we want to display both the Actor and interacting delegates video feed to everyone else next to an evaluation form that they fill in during the simulated call.

From what I can see the web sdk looks as though its very limited and doesn’t provide this functionality. Am I wrong?

Hey @simon.dann,

The Web SDK is limited with its customization.

However, it sounds like using the Web SDK with a Zoom Webinar would accomplish what you are trying to do.

Thanks,
Tommy

Morning @tommy, to give a little more detail our events revolve around a simulation with between fifty to two hundred delegates in teams of five: one actor, one coach and three reps.

During certain phases of the event we need the facilitator to be able to broadcast audio/video to every delegate. Then the event moves into a pre call phase where the teams all discuss which virtual customer they think they need to have a call with, the event then moves into a call phase followed by a post call phase. The pre call phase requires the teams to be in their own meeting rooms so they can discuss their next action while the call phase requires the actor and the rep making the call to be in a one-to-one call that everyone else in the team can watch but not interact with, followed by a team discussion in the post call phase where the coach will be discussing with the rep how the call went and how to improve.

In my mind this would involve our backend using the zoom api to create and then later destroy multiple webinars and/or meetings and have the SDK front end switch between them depending on the users current phase state.

Does that make sense?

Hey @simon.dann,

It sounds like using the Zoom Mobile / Desktop App with the breakout room feature and share computer screen & audio would work for you.

Thanks,
Tommy