Is it possible to build a meeting bot on a server?

We’re exploring doing analysis on live A/V to better provide metrics on meetings. I’ve read through the docs and from what I gather, the only two ways to do this are:

A) via a meeting bot
B) using the live streaming feature of paid accounts

The meeting bot is where I’m trying to gain some insight into feasibility and how this would be built.

Here are my questions:

• Is it possible to have the bot live on a server and join and then process A/V streams? I’ve this is possible on Windows Server.

• If so, is this the same SDK as the Windows Application SDK and is there any sort of sample code out there that I could look at that does a server integration?

• Is it possible to use an Electron App to support this functionality on the user client? Does the electron app support all the same functionality as the native SDKs?

Thanks!

Hi @jon6, thanks for using the dev forum.

It is possible to run a “headless” instance of the Windows Meeting SDK on a server-based VM in order to access the meeting audio data via raw recording. You can use the Electron SDK for this as well, since it is just a wrapper of the Windows SDK. However if you choose to use Electron instead of the native Windows SDK, please be aware that we have limited developer support. Using the native Windows SDK is recommended.

Thanks!

Thank you @jon.zoom this is very helpful.

You’re welcome, glad I could help!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new topic with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face: