Is it possible to make a user in a breakout room the host?

Description
We would like to be able to do this when the host of a meeting leaves but does not end the meeting. This would allow us to build similar functionality to Zoom where the app prompts the host to nominate another host before being allowed to leave the meeting.

To do this we would need:

1. A list of all user ids including those in the main meeting as well as in the breakout rooms.
  2. The ability to make a user in a breakout room the host when the existing host is in the main meeting.
  3. The ability to make a user in the main meeting the host when the existing host is in a breakout room.
  4. The ability to make a user in one breakout room the host while the existing host is in a different breakout room.

As far as I can tell there is not a way to get a list of user ids for all users in the main meeting as well as the breakout rooms. It is possible to get a list of ids for the main meeting if the host is in the main meeting. It is also possible to get a list of ids for a breakout room if the host is in that breakout room. However I don’t see a way to get a list of both.

Is this supported in the SDK?

Hi @tysontune, thanks for the post.

Surprisingly, I think that the only method of doing this directly through the SDK would be to join the BO room of the user you would like to assign the host role to. As you have pointed out, this means that the SDK is lacking feature parity with the default UI in this regard, so we will need to investigate adding this in a future release.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.