Is it possible to use a software microphone with the SDK

We would like to be able to add a software filter between the phone’s microphone and the API in order to improve sound quality. Is that allowed?

Thanks,
Dror

Hi Dror,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Which platform are you referring to? Are you talking about getting the raw audio data and process it?

Thanks!

Hi,
Android SDK and/or IOS. One potential app would get the raw data from the microphone, process it and feed the output into Zoom so that people on the other side of the conference call would hear our filtered data rather than the raw microphone data.

Thanks,
Dror

Hi,
Thanks for the reply and thanks for sharing the idea. Currently we do not provide or receive raw data.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

It would be great to have raw access to the media. Could you share if it’s in your roadmap?

For example, Twilio has added this to their iOS SDK recently.

1 Like

Hi davit,

Thanks for sharing this. I will pass this as a feature request to our engineering team and we will investigate the possibility to add this in the future.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Carson,

Any chance you have an update on this?

Thank you

Hi davit,

Thanks for the reply. I don’t have any update on this yet. We are still planning and working on this internally. I will keep you updated.

Thanks!

Hi Carson, I have the same question. We’d like to use our API to score raw audio from the video call in real-time for clinician-patient visits. We can also process audio from a raw audio download if real-time access to audio is not yet open for developers.

Hi @grace,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Yes, the raw data is not yet publicly available at the moment.

Thanks!