Is the zoom join_url unique for each meeting?

Hi Team,

Just want to verify that the zoom join_url’s are unique for each meeting or they can be same for the two meetings?

Hey @shashi,

For Get /users/{userId}/meetings the join_url will either be unique, or if you have a personal meeting id set it will always be the same. You can configure your personal meeting id on your account settings.

14%20PM

Let me know if this answers your question!

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thanks for the quick response. I am using rest API (https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings) to create meetings. Just want to make sure that the join_url received in the response for the created meetings will be always unique, and no two created meetings will have the same url in any case.

@shashi, Happy to help!

As long as you do not have the personal meeting id checked for instant meetings, all instant meetings will be unique.

For scheduled meetings, make sure to set the use_pmi to false in the settings object in the request body to make the meeting id’s / join_urls unique.

42%20PM

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

You are welcome!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @shashi,

Just found out that meeting IDs do get recycled in a certain time domain, so there is a chance of a duplicate ID’s, just not at the same time.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thanks for the response. Is there any fixed time when zoom meeting ids get recycled. Does zoom provide any notification/alert when this ids get recycled, so that the client can reset at their end.

@shashi, happy to help!

You could use the Meeting Ended Webhook to know when to reset/reuse the meeting ID.

About the fixed time, there won’t be any duplicates with meeting IDs unless the meeting has ended, then there is a chance that meeting ID will be used again. Never will you have duplicate meeting IDs for scheduled meetings that have not ended yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

Sir

How can I verify a random meeting id organised in past? Is there any software for that?

Hey @DrAnil,

Can you please create a new topic for your question and provide more details?

Thanks,
Tommy