Is there a callback for the isTalking interface?

In the release notes I found the of the (BOOL)isTalking interface.

new interface to check whether a user is talking or not

• The interface - (BOOL)isTalking in ZoomSDKMeetingActionController.h

Is there a call back for this or do I have to loop through all users all the time to find out whether they’re talking? Also is there a way to find out when no one is talking or a person stops talking?

Hi @tmiskiew,

Thanks for the post and pardon the late response. If you would like to find out who is talking, you may leverage the following callback:

/**
 *@brief Notification of in-meeting active speakers.
 *@param useridArray The array contain userid of the active speakers.
 */
- (void)onUserActiveAudioChanage:(NSArray *)useridArray;

If this callback returns an empty array or nothing, then it means no one is talking.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom ,

I noticed that this callback is never called with an empty array. So it impossible to to track the situation when no one is talking. This works well on Windows by the way. It seem to be a Mac only issue.

Hi @detunized, thanks for using our SDK.

Can you please verify which SDK version, Xcode version, and macOS version you are using?

Thanks!

SDK: zoom-sdk-macos-5.4.54802.0124
macOS: 10.14.6
Xcode: 11.3.1

Hi @detunized,

The macOS SDK does not currently support that version of Xcode. Can you please try again using a version of Xcode no higher than 10.X and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks!

Everything works well in Xcode 11. It’s a huge pain to have a different version of Xcode installed in addition to the current one. The callback is called with the active speakers it’s just not called when no one is speaking. It has nothing to do with the Xcode version. Thanks.

Hi @detunized,

Apologies for that, I have confirmed that this behavior is present when using Xcode 10 as well. We will need to investigate this and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Also, we realize that maintaining multiple Xcode versions for development is not ideal and are working on supporting Xcode 12 in the next SDK release. Be sure to keep an eye on our release notes for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Great, thanks! Will be waiting for a new release.

We have been looking forward to this release for quite some time as well!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out for any additional questions.