Is there a way to get active speaker in Web Meeting SDK (Component Mode)

Meeting SDK Type and Version
zoomus/websdk v2.7.0

Description
We’re developing a web app (React) that analyzes a meeting in real-time and provides the user with prompts and hints based on the conversation structure and content. We need to get active speaker names during the meeting, but I have not found any relevant events in the Web SDK Reference. Could you suggest if this functionality is planned for development or we should be switching to to Zoom App SDK? Any other options?

Thanks!
Alex

Hi @alextsi , you are correct that there are isn’t an active speaker event at this moment for Web Meeting SDK, but it’s something that’s been requested to add to our product roadmap. You can check our out Zoom Apps SDK to see if it’s a better option for your development needs :slight_smile:

1 Like

@alextsi there currently isn’t a way to get the active speaker names through the Zoom web SDK, but here are a few other options:

Build a Zoom App

Pros

• You can get the active speaker event with this endpoint

Cons

• The user needs to have the Zoom sidebar App open to be able to receive those events

Use Recall.ai

Pros

• You can get the active speaker event
  • User does not need to have the Zoom sidebar App open for you to receive the event

Cons

• It’s another API tool in your stack

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi @gianni.zoom is there anything released to get an active speaker in Web Meeting SDK?

Hi @shri.kaushik ,

For component mode, here’s what exists in the SDK reference: ActiveSpeaker | Zoom Meeting SDK for Web - Component View

To track for updates, please refer to here: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/9220576205197

We are using client mode, not the component mode so do we have any event or method to get active speaker in client mode?

Hi @shri.kaushik , I don’t see it available for client view at this time, but please track the changelog for updates.