Is there a way to reset the device name when joining the meeting?

Description
I’m creating an B2B application using the zoom-ios-sdk. The device will be shared and the device will be joining a meeting using a link. So it would be nice to be able to prompt the user for a new device name before every meeting. Is this possible?

Hey @sorousha

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The short answer is yes. The long answer is that, you would utilize UserNames as the device name. If using the default UI provided by the SDK, you should be able to have the SDK prompt the user for their UserName by not providing the UserName upon calling joinMeeting. If you are using a Custom Meeting UI, you could create a UIAlert to ask for the Device Name, then you would pass this into the UserName parameter when calling joinMeeting.

If you are referring to an actual UUID for the device, you are limited to the display username mentioned above, and not to a CustomID. However, Zoom just announced a new SDK that can house a custom user ID in video sessions, which may make sense for your use-case as well. https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/custom/ios

If you have any follow up questions please let me know!
Thanks!
Michael

Thanks for your answer.

I don’t provide a username when joining a meeting and using the default UI. However, only upon the first time, the sdk pops up the naming window. In subsequent calls to joinMeeting for different events, it never shows up again.

let param = MobileRTCMeetingJoinParam()
                param.meetingNumber=meetingNumber
                param.password=pwd
                let response = service.joinMeeting(with: param)