Issue with event notifications

I created an OAuth app in which I subscribed to meeting start, meeting end, and recording end event notifications. I can see in my web logs that the notifications are being sent to the endpoint urls from Zoom Marketplace, but they are always returning a 500 error. I can go to the endpoint urls fine myself via POST or GET and they return a 200.

The endpoint urls are just stubs that don’t try to process the contents. They just write a fixed string to the Windows event log. I get that the 500 errors are coming from my own server, but I don’t understand why that happens only from the requests originating from Zoom.

The endpoint URLs returns 500 error when called from Zoom Marketplace.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?

Which Endpoint/s?
It’s event notifications, not the API.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

  1. Start meeting, end meeting
  2. Check web logs, search for Zoom+Marketplace and see returned 500 error

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
One of my notification endpoints is this:


Hey @dhudson-bryant

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.


No, those don’t help.

I also searched for potential solutions in devforum and was not able to find an answer.

I was able to fix this myself by changing the format of the results I was sending out. I’m not really sure why this was necessary, but …

Hey @dhudson-bryant,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and I’m glad you were able to get this working. Was your endpoint relaying a 200 or 204 response upon receiving our payloads? If there are any other details of your solution that you’d like to share, just let us know!


Hi, thanks for following up. When I last replied, I didn’t know exactly what fixed my issue. Your email prompted me to go back and try to pinpoint which of the 10 things I did that fixed the issue. I was always passing back a 200 so it wasn’t that. It turns out that I had specified UseHttpGet=True for my .Net web service endpoint. I thought that just allowed Get, and didn’t prohibit Post. I knew your notifications were Post, and I made sure I was able to do a Post through Postman and javascript.

So I don’t completely get why Zoom Post requests failed, but that was the issue.



Hey @dhudson-bryant,

Thanks for circling back here and sharing your solution! I’m glad this resolved the problem.


This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.