Join Meeting API

Description
Hi, I want to integrate zoom join meeting API. Can this is done in PHP (Laravel) and also 2nd thing does the user did not need to give an email and password to open the zoom client window to see the output.

Hi @mkhurramilyas,

This should definitely be possible. You can send requests to our Create Meeting and GET Meeting APIs from a PHP framework. These endpoints will return a start_url and join_url for the host and participants to start/join Zoom Meetings:

Here is an example of a request to create a meeting in PHP:

<?php

$curl = curl_init();

curl_setopt_array($curl, array(
  CURLOPT_URL => "https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/%7BuserId%7D/meetings",
  CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
  CURLOPT_ENCODING => "",
  CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10,
  CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 30,
  CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1,
  CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => "POST",
  CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS => "{\"topic\":\"string\",\"type\":\"integer\",\"start_time\":\"string [date-time]\",\"duration\":\"integer\",\"schedule_for\":\"string\",\"timezone\":\"string\",\"password\":\"string\",\"agenda\":\"string\",\"recurrence\":{\"type\":\"integer\",\"repeat_interval\":\"integer\",\"weekly_days\":\"string\",\"monthly_day\":\"integer\",\"monthly_week\":\"integer\",\"monthly_week_day\":\"integer\",\"end_times\":\"integer\",\"end_date_time\":\"string [date-time]\"},\"settings\":{\"host_video\":\"boolean\",\"participant_video\":\"boolean\",\"cn_meeting\":\"boolean\",\"in_meeting\":\"boolean\",\"join_before_host\":\"boolean\",\"mute_upon_entry\":\"boolean\",\"watermark\":\"boolean\",\"use_pmi\":\"boolean\",\"approval_type\":\"integer\",\"registration_type\":\"integer\",\"audio\":\"string\",\"auto_recording\":\"string\",\"enforce_login\":\"boolean\",\"enforce_login_domains\":\"string\",\"alternative_hosts\":\"string\",\"global_dial_in_countries\":[\"string\"],\"registrants_email_notification\":\"boolean\"}}",
  CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(
    "authorization: Bearer {token}",
    "content-type: application/json"
  ),
));

$response = curl_exec($curl);
$err = curl_error($curl);

curl_close($curl);

if ($err) {
  echo "cURL Error #:" . $err;
} else {
  echo $response;
}

Regarding user access, users can join via the join_url as guests (not required to enter email/login), as long as your meetings settings don’t require authentication.

I hope this helps!
Will

well i did not want to create meeting I only want to join meeting

Hi @mkhurramilyas,

You can join a meeting via the join_url returned by the GET Meeting API response. Here is an example to fetch the join_url via API in PHP:

<?php

$curl = curl_init();

curl_setopt_array($curl, array(
  CURLOPT_URL => "https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/%7BmeetingId%7D",
  CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
  CURLOPT_ENCODING => "",
  CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10,
  CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 30,
  CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1,
  CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => "GET",
  CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(
    "authorization: Bearer {token}"
  ),
));

$response = curl_exec($curl);
$err = curl_error($curl);

curl_close($curl);

if ($err) {
  echo "cURL Error #:" . $err;
} else {
  echo $response;
}

Thanks,
Will

one more thing can there be case can I join using this API on our website not on zoom screen

Hey @mkhurramilyas,

Good question—this is possible, but would require you to embed our Web SDK on your site, separate from our API:

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.