Join to a zoom meeting via our own application + SDK, without standard zoom meeting UI

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

Meeting SDK Type and Version
Latest (Meeting SDK - WEB)

Description
We are trying to connect our existing application via zoom SDK web version. When going to connect to a zoom meeting it will by-default will open the zoom meeting window inside my application via this NPM package websdk module which gives the zoom look and feel.

However my requirement is, instead opening the entire zoom web view, we should be able to connect to a zoom meeting and it should have my own look & feel which is lot simpler version to standard meeting view.

We have tried using zoom Video SDK to solve this, even though it provides greater control over audio and video, its unable to connect to a standard zoom meeting as it expects all users to use the same video SDK where in this case, other users will still use the standard zoom meeting clients.

Would like to know what are the other recommended approaches to get this behavior?

Note that doing this look and feel changes via CSS only is bit complicated too, so would like to evaluate the above alternatives or better approaches.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. Are you saying the meeting UI will be different when connecting to a Zoom Meeting ? Is it possible for you to share a screen recording or mock-up image of what you are looking to accomplish?

Also, can you share if you are developing with the Zoom Meeting SDK component view or client view?

1 Like

Hi Donte, Iā€™m working with Dinusha on this application.

Yes, the meeting UI needs to be different with our own set of buttons that can be used to for example mute and leave meeting. Can we do this with Zoom Meeting SDK component view? or is there any other recommended approach for this?

Yes, it is possible to add your own buttons. Here is a link to the example repo which show how you would configure that in the client.init :

2 Likes

Hi Donte,

Thank you so much for the answer. We were able to get the application working as required based on your answer.

Thanks Donte! It was fast & helpful.

Wonderful news, @dinusha00 ! Thank you for sharing the solution on the forum. It will be a great benefit to the community!