Joining an existing meeting fails and results in a blank screen

Description

Video: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

When attempting to join an existing meeting via meetingService.joinMeetingWithParams(), a “Preparing meeting…” screen is shown, quickly followed by a blank screen. Notice the “video icon” appearing and disappearing in the video.

The number of participants in the meeting does not appear to increase, indicating the client never joins the meeting.

Below are a few log statements (sensitive information replaced with “…”) printed to the console that appear related to Zoom:

I/ZoomSDK: setDomain, set Zoom domain as zoom.us

I/MeetingServiceImpl: joinMeetingWithParams: sUri=zoomus://zoom.us/join?confno=…&uname=Hello+World+From+Zoom+SDK&pwd=…&show_water_mark=1&participantid=participant+id&no_driving_mode=1&no_invite=1&no_share=1&meeting_views_options=4&invite_options=255&zc=24

I/ZMServiceHelper: SDK model no service. doServiceAction : com.zipow.videobox.PTService.ACTION_SHOW_CONF_NOTIFICATION

Why are these issues occurring, and how can they be resolved?

Version:
Zoom SDK version: v4.6.15801.0403

Device:
Device: Pixel 2 emulator API 29

I’ve upgraded our implementation to version v5.0.24433.0616 and the issue appears to be resolved.

Hi @caleb.c,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and glad to hear that the problem was resolved. Happy Zooming!