Joining Call with Video Results in Nonresponsive Dekstop and Flashing Monitor

I understand this is probably not the proper platform to find an answer, as I am not a developer but a user struggling with Zoom, however I’m in a situation where I need an answer quick as possible, so I’m trying to spread a wide net.

Description
When using Zoom I encounter a problem where, upon joining a call with video enabled, my monitor begins to blink slowly (periods of several seconds of being black, then blinking for several seconds to my screen again) and unresponsiveness (programs not responding including others than Zoom, being unable to click on anything, etc). This problem does not happen when I use Zoom with voice-only, and happens shortly after I either join with video enabled, or enable video on a call I have already joined with audio-only. This same problem has occured with Skype as well, although not with other video chats like Facebook messenger.

Which version?
I am running the current version of Zoom on Windows.

To Reproduce(If applicable)

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: 13-Inch Macbook Air 2014, 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 RAM
  • Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.746

Sorry if I’m breaking any rules of conventions by posting here, but if anyone could volunteer the help I’d save my skin. I’ve already reinstalled Zoom, updated windows, updated my Intel drivers, and tried disabling hardware acceleration for video sending and receiving on Zoom.
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @cahopkin,

I am sorry you are facing video issues. :frowning: I wish I could help you resolve this issue here but I am not sure how to help with this one. You should contact support at Zoom Help Center. That is probably the best place to help debug your issue.

Thanks!
Michael