Joining meeting timeout. "Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again"

Description
We are receiving a connectivity error when attempting to join a meeting that is not started yet, I am getting error message that meeting has not started in the console ,code error. 3008 which is right but I got this error in the screen “Joining meeting timeout. Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again”

Error
“Joining meeting timeout. Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again” for meeting that has not started yet

Which Client Web SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Screenshots

Hey @chiheb.hmida,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is a known issue that we plan to resolve in the future. Essentially, the error in the dialog does not match the issue. This happens when the meeting has not yet started and you use a role of 0 to join the meeting.

In order to start the meeting, please use a role of 1.

Let me know if that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Hello maxM,
Thank you for your quick answer, I have changed the role to 1 and I got another error in the console.

1. {method: “join”, status: false, result: “Not allow to start webinar from web.”, errorMessage: undefined, errorCode: 1}

2. errorCode: 1

3. errorMessage: undefined

4. method: “join”

5. result: “Not allow to start webinar from web.”

6. status: false

7. proto: Object

Hey @chiheb.hmida,

Thank you for providing additional information. You should be able to start a Webinar from the Web SDK and so far it seems like you’re on the right track. Make sure that the userEmail you’re using matches the email of the host.

We have more information on starting a Webinar as a host here:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.