joinSession Event callbacks are not fired

Description
Using Fully customizable Windows SDK, not getting callback events of joinSession even though joinSession returns Success but not getting onSessionJoin callback.

Error
Error: Send error, 10051 Unknown error

Which version?
zoom-instant-sdk-windows-1.0.1

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create console application on Windows(in Visual Studio 2017) using the Fully Customizable SDK
  2. Follow https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/custom/windows/essential/initialize to initialize, register callbacks and then call joinSession api.
  3. You will get joinSession api success but no callback events will trigger like onSessionJoin is not called.

Screenshots
I

Device (please complete the following information):

• Windows 10

Hey @mtaha,

Thank you for using the dev forum!

Can you provide an example of your JWT payload? Please omitt your key and secret.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

JWT payload:
{
“app_key”: “###########################”,
“version”: 1,
“user_identity”: “Taha39”,
“iat”: 1613556600,
“exp”: 1613643000,
“tpc”: “Testing”
}

Hey @mtaha,

I have tested the SDK with your payload and saw the app hang as well. When I changed the iat and exp values the app behaved normally. Try using the current timestamp at epochconverter.com for iat and a timestamp 24 hours in the future from epochconverter.com for exp.

Michael

Tried same epochconverter.com date with 24 hours timestamp but still not getting event callback.

Hey @mtaha,

Interesting. Let me investigate this further.

Michael

Please try that on Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2019 and with same Zoom FC SDK…

Hi @Michael_Condon, I can confirm I am also seeing this
Error

To Reproduce

1. Create Console Application, but on Visual Studio 2019 with the Fully Customizable SDK.
  2. Create ZoomInstantSDKInitParams based on the instructions, and call initialize. I did NOT attempt to even join any session yet.
  3. Despite initialize returning success, I get the 10051 error also (also 3 times.)

Additional Debugging

• I made sure that the built exe application had access through the firewall.
  • I tried the SDK NOT on a Console test application and it DID work (including the onSessionJoin callback), so I suspect it’s an SDK error with the Console.
  • IZoomInstantSDK->isInSession() == false even if joinSession() != NULL

Hi @ hung,

Thanks for the information. I believe Zoom Fully Customizable SDK will resolve this issue with Console application soon.

I have also tried with Windows Application(NOT console) and callbacks are working now.

Thanks again for your support.

Hi @hung and @mtaha, thanks for the additional information.

We will take this into account as we continue to investigate this issue. Once we have any updates, we will be sure to reach out.

Thanks!

The console application need a Message Loop so that messages can be delivered to the correct procedure. The application needs a loop to retrieve the messages and dispatch them to the correct windows.

So I have implement this Message Loop in my console application and my console application is also working now.

Use below message loop in main function of Console Application to make it work:
bool bRet = false;
MSG msg;
while ((bRet = GetMessage(&msg, nullptr, 0, 0)) != 0)
{
if (bRet == -1)
{
// handle the error and possibly exit
}
else
{
TranslateMessage(&msg);
DispatchMessage(&msg);
}
}

2 Likes

Hey @mtaha,

That makes a lot of sense! Thank you for providing this.
@hung Can you see if what @mtaha said works in your situation as well?

Thanks!
Michael

I am getting my callbacks in the console now, but still receiving
Error: Send error, 10051 Unknown error (x3)

I think that the error message is unrelated to the Message Loop issue, @mtaha can you confirm the 10051 error messages are still there for you?

Basically, Send error, 10051 Unknown error (x3) this error is somewhere from Zoom SDK. I am saying so because I can see that console error in Zoom FC-SDK Electron sample console also.

1 Like

Hey @mtaha and @hung,

Interesting, I will inform the team of this.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like