JWT error code 124 with cURL

Description
I am unable to get a successful return from a cURL command after configuring my JWT app.

Per the Zoom marketplace sample example found here:

curl --request GET \
  --url 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/users?status=active&page_size=30&page_number=1' \
  --header 'authorization: Bearer { your_token }' \
  --header 'content-type: application/json'

Error
> {"code":124,"message":"The Token's Signature resulted invalid when verified using the Algorithm: HmacSHA256"}

Which App Type: JWT

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. register app per https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/jwt-app
  2. replace your_token in the example cURL command with the JWT token from my JWT app credentials.

Additional context
I’m just starting out with Zoom… and I haven’t done any cURLing with APIs in awhile. Maybe I am drastically misconceiving the process here, but I thought if I copied the command from the guide and replaced your_token with the JWT token generated from my app, then I would get a response listing or detailing the users in my account. Of note, I have tried this with a pro plan account and my personal free plan account to no avail.

I’ll continue reading the posts here looking for a solution. I have tried regenerating the API secret and still no user data returned, just the code 124 error :\

Hopefully this will be useful to someone at some point: I found the source of the problem… a 1D10T error in parsing the example code:
--header 'authorization: Bearer { your_token }' \

Basic cURL syntax should result in:
--header 'authorization: Bearer gooble.dee.gook'

not: --header 'authorization: Bearer { gooble.dee.gook }'

The solution is to replace { your_token } with the JWT token.

I’m gonna go back to being productive and pretend this won’t live on the internet forever attached to my name…

:persevere: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey @mixelpix,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! Thank you for sharing your solution here, that will certainly be helpful for others.

I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like