Latest iOS Zoom SDK does not allow custom meeting UI

Description
Up to and including Zoom SDK 5.16.6 we were able to set a value for the enableCustomMeeting property. As of Zoom SDK 5.16.10 that property no longer exists. As a result, it is impossible to enable the custom meeting UI, making this version of the SDK completely unusable for us.

I have looked into the MobileRTCMeetingSettings.h header file included in the SDK and sure enough the enableCustomMeeting property is no longer present.

I will also note that MobileRTC.shared().isSupportedCustomizeMeetingUI() returns true, even though there is no way to activate it.

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Include this code MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()?.enableCustomMeeting = true
  2. Try to build your project

Expected result: Xcode successfully builds the project.

Actual result: Xcode build errors out with: “Value of type ‘MobileRTCMeetingSettings’ has no member ‘enableCustomMeeting’”

Any updates on this?

Hi @jeremy.provost
Thanks for reaching out to us and thank you for your patience.
This is a bug on our end we are currently investigating this issue. I will update you as soon as I have more information about it.
(ZSEE-113330 internal ticket for reference)

Cheers,
Elisa

@elisa.zoom. I just realized that the notes also make reference to a new interface in MobileRTC.h called enableCustomizeMeetingUI to be used for custom meetings. I see now that it is available from MobileRTCSDKInitContext and it appears to work as expected. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update on this @jeremy.provost
I am glad it is working for you now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.