Light up when lifting hand via ESP or Rasperrypi

Hello dear colleagues,
we have received an order to create an extension for Zoom. When a participant raises his hand in a Zoom meeting that sends a signal to a microcontroller e.g. a sound is played or a lamp turns on. According to colleagues this is possible. Do you have an idea how to implement this or at least how we can start?

Thanks in advance and many greetings from Germany!

there is an thread with some ideas

1 Like

This sounds like an interesting project! I would suggest triggering the raspberry Pi’s GPIO via a web server running on the device. Of course, you would need to expose the webserver to the wider internet via localtunnel or something similar.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:
We would do the step exactly the same, just need inspiration for the code…
Greetings

Hi! I would be interested in know about your solution, we need something similar for our non-profit organization. Maybe you can share the details.

Thanks!

This thread is a few years old but I’m really curious if anyone’s made this happen. I’ve been scouring the web for days for a product that integrates with zoom and detects any users hand being raised and causes an indicator light to turn on.

More clarification: imagine a speech type setting where someone is on a platform and there are in person people but also many on zoom. So the person who’s responsible for calling on people who have their hands raised on zoom gets notified by a small light plugged into the computer at the media booth that controls everything. This will queue that person to look at their small screen in front of them that has zoom up to call on whoever has their hand raised. The light on comes on when any person on zoom raises their hand.