Linux Meeting SDK example

@chunsiong.zoom you published great example code for the Windows meeting SDK. Do you have any examples of how to join a meeting using the Linux Meeting SDK?
There aren’t any linux meeting SDK questions in this forum that I see. I would love to see the Linux platform get more attention here.

1 Like

@randy,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. You can find a code snippet of how to join a meeting in the Linux Meeting SDK support documentation here :

Thank you, I’ve tried this. Unfortunately I always get error 8 (unauthenticated) back, even though I called SDKAuth and received the success return. There must be a step missing. In the windows version of the code the AuthEventListener calls the joinMeeting while the main loop runs a message processing loop. Should the Linux version do similar? What message processing should be in the linux code?

@randy ,

I’m running this as a message loop, while waiting for SDK Auth callback. Hope it helps

GMainLoop* loop;

gboolean timeout_callback(gpointer data)
{
	return TRUE;
}

//this catches a break signal, such as Ctrl + C
void my_handler(int s)
{
	printf("\nCaught signal %d\n", s);
	LeaveMeeting();
	printf("Leaving session.\n");
	//CleanSDK();
	//InitMeetingSDK();
	//AuthMeetingSDK();

std::exit(0);
}

void initAppSettings()
{
	struct sigaction sigIntHandler;
	sigIntHandler.sa_handler = my_handler;
	sigemptyset(&sigIntHandler.sa_mask);
	sigIntHandler.sa_flags = 0;
	sigaction(SIGINT, &sigIntHandler, NULL);
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{

InitMeetingSDK();
	AuthMeetingSDK();
	initAppSettings();

loop = g_main_loop_new(NULL, FALSE);
	// add source to default context
	g_timeout_add(100, timeout_callback, loop);
	g_main_loop_run(loop);
	return 0;
}

@randy ,

Do take a look at the published sample code here

@chunsiong.zoom @donte.zoom As the Windows version, is this Linux SDK capable of showing a gallery view so a raw recording is not required?

@Pablo.Moreno , the Meeting SDK for Linux does not come with UI, you will need to implement your own Gallery View UI control if you which to do so.

1 Like