Joining a zoom meeting of exeternal user

Created a zoom bot with the linux SDK. While developing it works great with my account. But when creating a Zoom meeting of some external/other account to check if it joins successfully i’m getting some errors.

First, I cant create a ‘recording_token’ with an error that the “meeting number” is not exists. (When it does).

Second, I’m trying to join the meeting without the recording token, (at least join without recording) and I’m getting logs that look like it immediately disconnects from the meeting.

AuthServiceEventListener added.
Auth succeeded: JWT.
OnAuthenticationComplete
join_meeting:success
onLoginReturnWithReason: 0
onMeetingStatusChanged: 1, iResult: 0
Connect to the meeting server status.
onMeetingStatusChanged: 4, iResult: 0
Disconnect the meeting server, leave meeting status.
onMeetingStatusChanged: 6, iResult: 63
Failed to connect the meeting server.
onMeetingStatusChanged: 7, iResult: 0

cc: @chunsiong.zoom

@gofmannir ,

You cannot get someone else’s recording token unless you go thru the OAuth process, whereby the user explicitly grants you permission to access their recording token.

If you are getting Meeting Number does not exist, it is highly likely that you are using a OAuth Access Token which is not associated with the user’s meeting.

You are not allow to join external meeting at this point in time as well, unless your Meeting SDK app is published. You can currently test by creating meeting using internal users.

I got it, thanks.
I’m trying to add another user in my company to test the app, but it doesn’t work.
As a collaborator - it can’t find his email address.
And as a shared link - it doesn’t work as well even if I set up a Auth url.

@gofmannir ,

You need to add another user to the same account on Zoom.us

Assume that your SDK publisher has the email developer@company.com

Sign in to zoom.us using developer@company.com , add a new user.

Use the new user to create a meeting, the SDK should be able to join

Thanks i’ll check into it.