LTI 1.3 Advantage Platform-side integration

Hello!

Background info: I am working on a custom-built e-learning platform where we wish to display the Zoom dashboard in an iFrame in order for our users to be able to view and manage their Zoom calls without having to leave our website. In this setup, our app would be the Platform side of the LTI, and Zoom would be the Tool. We wish to be compliant with the LTI 1.3 Advantage standard.

Attempts so far: I have not managed to find an applicable guide in Zoom’s documentation or here on the forum. I have also tried making requests to Zoom’s LTI links after setting up LTI Pro credentials according to the official guide, but I always receive a ‘Client ID not found (2505).’ error. I also contacted Zoom’s tech support, but they only forwarded me here.

The question: Can someone enumerate the Platform-side steps required to implement the ‘dynamic tool registration’ and ‘tool launch’ LTI flows, with Zoom acting as the Tool side? [Note: this is a custom-built platform, not an instance of Canvas, Moodle etc.]

Thanks in advance!

Hi @tereza
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our Zoom Developer Forum!
I will share a couple of links to our meeting SDK which sounds like you could benefit from integrating with it. Please let me know if any of this is helpful

Link to various sample apps

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for the suggestion. If I recall correctly, the Zoom Meeting SDK is not designed to be compatible with the LTI standard, which is what we would like to leverage here.

Could you provide a short list of steps that need to be taken in order to implement the ‘tool launch’ LTI flow on the Platform side, with Zoom acting as the LTI Tool?

Best,
Tereza