macOS SDK Raw Data Help/Examples?

Description

Are there any examples of using raw data with the macOS SDK?

I’ve been following the docs (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/macos/raw-data/) and I’m stuck on:

Once the recording has started, set up a ZoomSDKRenderer , set your ZoomSDKRendererDelegate as the delegate property, and subscribe to the user via the subscribe method.

I’ve tried this after recording is started:

ZoomSDKRenderer *sdkRenderer = nil;
ZoomSDKError e = [[[ZoomSDK sharedSDK] getRawDataController] creatRender:&sdkRenderer];
sdkRenderer.delegate = self;
[sdkRenderer subscribe:_activeUser rawDataType:ZoomSDKRawDataType_Video];

I think it’s missing something because the callbacks are never called.

Which macOS Meeting SDK version?

zoom-sdk-macos-5.9.3.4280

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: [Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, M1)]
1 Like

I found out the issue was with the userID passed to subscribe. I had used onHostChange to assign _activeUser but onHostChanged was not called while my code was running. I switched to using onActiveVideoUserChanged which was called, giving a valid userID and the code worked.

Hi @dylan_v, thanks for using our SDK.

It looks like you were able to figure out the correct way of getting the ID of the active speaker each time it changes. That callback seems like it will do the trick for you if you are looking to subscribe to whomever is the active speaker at a given time. However, if you want to be able to subscribe to each individual user’s video stream as soon as it is available, you can use the onVideoStatusChange callback to ensure you have an accurate list of userIDs for all participants with video turned on.

Thanks!

Thank you @jon.zoom. That works for me!

You are welcome, glad I could help!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new topic with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face: