Managing Subtitles in Web SDK

We are using the WebSDK embedded in our website, we would like to enable the auto-transcription service within Zoom. But we also do not want those subtitles appearing by default, but are only enabled when user’s choose to enable subtitles.

While using the latest WebSDK, and reviewing the documentation, we do not see an option to control the subtitle setting.

Can we toggle subtitles, or at least set them to be off by default?

Hey @mhaymore,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Have you configured Closed Captions within the Web SDK:

If so, I would also make sure that your account supports it - i.e. you have a pro plan or higher:

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

We did enable the Automatic Transcription option. The issue is within the WebSDK, the captions appear by default when viewing the webinar. Instead, we’d like them off by default, allowing users to choose to display the subtitles.

Hey @mhaymore,

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, we don’t have a function to dynamically control if the captions are shown. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.