/me endpoint support information

Hi there,

I am currently migrating our integration with zoom from V1 to V2, and am implementing the OAuth 2 authentication. I am curious on a couple things:

• Given that a user grants authorization to the application and access and refresh tokens are successfully generated, am i able to create meetings on their behalf without their userId? Using /me endpoints? Which endpoints are supported? I haven’t found much information about it. Or are userId’s always required in the url?

• If the userId is required, what is the easiest way to obtain those for an organization given i am an admin?

Hi @tpenedo,

Welcome to the Zoom Developer Community!

You would still need the userID to create meetings on their behalf. You can find a list of /me endpoints that are supported here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/app-submission-and-management/reference

To get the userID, you can consider calling this API:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Hi Ojus,

The reference page you’ve provided for the /me context explicitly says " you can use me in place of the User ID to restrict the context of the call to the user that token belongs to". Wouldn’t this mean i don’t need the userId to create meetings on their behalf, since the access token i am passing would restrict the context of the call to that user?

@tpenedo,

we have recently updated our docs.

Allow me to work with my engineering team and get back to you with an update on this.

HI Ojus,

Any confirmation on this?

@tpenedo, Apologies for the delay, I will update you by early next week.

Thanks

Hi Ojus,

Any confirmation?

Hey @tpenedo,

If you have the user’s access token, you can easily JWT parse it to get the userId, and then make calls to the create a meeting endpoint to create meetings on behalf of a user.

Here is an example of a JWT parsed access_token.

Try pasting an access_token in the debugger section here to see an example.

Let me know if this helps!

thanks Tommy,

I’m building this application in Apex/Salesforce and don’t have an easy way to JWT-parse the access token. I simply just want to confirm this section in your documentation is actually supported:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/authorization/oauth/oauth-with-zoom

@tpenedo,

I see. Yes this is supported.

You can use /me instead of the {{User ID}} which will derive the user from the access_token in the authorization bearer header.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, Tommy, my question is answered. I asked because initially i didn’t see much documentation on it and wanted to confirm. Thanks again.

1 Like

Happy to help @tpenedo!

We will add to the documentation to make this feature more clear.

1 Like