Meeting SDK 2.9.0

Description
Unable to fetch code from “https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize”

Browser Console Error
when we are sending a GET request from our server to this URL “https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id={our_cilent_id}&redirect_uri=https://example.com/interview/zoom-auth-callback/”
in response to this zoom is sending us Sign in page HTML.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Lenovo V14
  • Browser: Google Chrome
  • Browser Version: 107.0.5304.110

Hi @dhruv
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
To get an access_token from our OAuth endpoint, you should be sending a POST request instead of a GET.
Could you pleas try with the POST method?

Hi @elisa.zoom
Thanks for reverting. We did try the POST method but the result is still the same.
Can you suggest something else?

@dhruv ,
If you’re looking to understand how to implement the OAuth authorization flow, the first thing I would recommend is to reference our sample GitHub repo :

This will provide a great OAuth implementation reference.

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in @donte.zoom

1 Like

Hi @donte.zoom
We are currently using Python3.7.4 on our server, and not NodeJS. Could you share any link/documentation around Python?

I’m pasting below the code we are using currently:

import requests
def get_access_code():
url = “Error - Zoom
token = requests.post(url, params={
‘client_id’: xxxxxxx,
‘redirect_uri’: example.com/interview/zoom-auth-callback/
})
return token

@dhruv ,

Please this post for OAuth python example :

Let me know if you have any questions !

Hi @donte.zoom
The provided solution didn’t work. In response to this, Zoom is sending us to the Sign in page. For context, we are using Python 3.7.4 and Django 2.2.8 on the server side. Ideally, we would want a Django based solution.

@dhruv ,
That’s expected behavior when you first go through the OAuth flow. You will have to sign in then you will be redirected to the endpoint you entered in the Marketplace OAUTH app. That aside, I just tested on my end and the solution is working as expected. It is likely something may be off in how its implemented in your application. Can you describe how you are handling implementing OAuth and tell us what you’ve tried ? Also, please post the entire script used so we so can see how you’ve implemented it.

@donte.zoom
I’m sharing this document which covers our use-case as well as the solution we are looking for, along with screenshots for reference. Kindly refer to it once.

Hey @donte.zoom
Quickly wanted to follow up here. Did you find time to refer to the shared doc?

@dhruv,

Thank you for sharing more details about your use case. One potential path forward you can consider is using the Sever-to-Server OAuth in your backend to get an access token and make request against Zoom API to schedule a meeting. Server-to-server only requires making one request to get an access token, unlike the two-step OAuth 2.0 flow.

Here is our help documentation for Server-to-server OAuth :smiley:

Let me know if this helps.