Meeting SDK (zoom-meeting-2.8.0.min.js) Client View - Does not show "change layout" icon

Meeting SDK (zoom-meeting-2.8.0.min.js) Client View - Does not show “change layout” icon

Browser Console Error
No error

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
zoom-meeting-2.8.0

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
ZoomMtg.init({
leaveUrl: leaveUrl, // mandatory
success: (success) => {
console.log(success)
ZoomMtg.join({
signature: signature,
sdkKey: sdkKey,
meetingNumber: meetingNumber,
userName: userName,
userEmail: userEmail,
passWord: passWord,
tk: registrantToken,
success: (success) => {
console.log(success)
},
error: (error) => {
console.log(error)
},
})
},
error: (error) => {
console.log(error)
}
})
}

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Clone GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-javascript-sample: Use the Zoom Meeting SDK in a JavaScript App
  2. Setup the variables.
  3. Run Client View setup
  4. Able to join as Host. Able to join as Participant
  5. Both user type cannot see change layout icon like the usual Zoom web client.
  6. The layout is defaulted to ACTIVE SPEAKER view only

Screenshots

** Browsers **

1. Tried on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge using Desktop/Mobile/Tablet

to activate “Gallery View” on Chrome and Firefox>104 you have to implement Cross-Origin Isolation

1 Like

I understand that is for Gallery View only.

For speaker view, where there should be small thumbnails of participants at the top or on the left (if there’s a screen sharing), currently, I can’t see the icon to change to that view at all.

Example of Speaker View

For speaker view, where there should be small thumbnails of participants at the top or on the left (if there’s a screen sharing), currently, I can’t see the icon to change to that view at all.

yes, this would be a good solution, if multiple video streams are not available - but it’s not implemented

Hi @j.schoenemeyer ,

Not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you mean that the ‘change layout’ icon is not implemented in the sample app or is it some form of parameters/settings which I can set in order to allow that icon to appear?

the “change layout” icon is only enabled* if Cross-Origin Isolation is implemented

zoom

(* in all web solutions of the zoom client - only Chrome/Firefox)

But I just need the default to Speaker View i.e. thumbnails at the top, big screen (active speaker or screen share) at the bottom.

However, now is my own thumbnail is floating and the entire screen is the active speaker. I can’t see other users’ thumbnail at all.

That’s my key problem.

@tom.seavee,

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, to verify that the changes were applied to your site, can you run the following in your browser console and share the result :

typeof SharedArrayBuffer === 'function'; 

Down below, I’ve linked our help documentation which includes a gif of the available views for both the client and component :

Hi Donte,

Thank you for the reply. I think I have resolved it. There’s a conflicting script on my site.
Reworked the script and now working fine.

Thank you for the help too, @j.schoenemeyer.

1 Like

@tom.seavee ,

Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issues you were facing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.