Meeting Topic changes to "x users personal meeting room

Description
When I start a reoccurring meeting the topic pulled from the v2/report/users//meetings endpoint is always changed to “x users personal meeting room” unless I explicitly change the topic during the meeting via the meeting window UI.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
awt

Which Endpoint/s?
v2/report/users//meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
start reoccurring meeting.
have another user join
query v2/report/users//meetings

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @wcareercampus

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

These are not what I am looking for.

Hey @wcareercampus,

Try not using the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling the meeting.

In the API: settings > use_pmi

In the Zoom Web Portal:

Thanks,
Tommy

I already tried turning off PMI from the UI. I am not creating meeting via the API. I am trying to see who went to what event based on a UID we put into the meeting topic. The issue is we hav to manually set the topic every time we launch the meeting.

Hey @wcareercampus,

Are these meetings instant meetings? If so, the meeting topic will default to the “Personal meeting room” title.

Thanks,
Tommy

They are Recurring meetings. So if we start them manually instead of scheduling them they will always be “Personal meeting rooms”?

Hey @wcareercampus,

What do you mean start them manually? Can you show how you are starting them?

Thanks,
Tommy

It wont let me upload a photo. but from https://zoom.us/meeting there is a list of meetings. I select ‘start’ from that list.

Hey @wcareercampus,

Strange, that should start the meeting occurrence. Do you have a meetingUUID so I can investigate further?

Thanks,
Tommy

XyhlhrvVQRSo8wcdeZx6bQ==

Thanks @wcareercampus,

Can you please also provide your request body JSON when creating the meeting?

Thanks,
Tommy

I am not creating the meeting via the API. I am just trying to query out participant info of a meeting that was created via the regular zoom web interface.

Hey @wcareercampus,

Please try turning the Use PMI for scheduled meetings setting off, and create the recurring meeting again.

Thanks,
Tommy

I have already turned that off and it did not fix the issue.

Hey @wcareercampus,

Can you share a screenshot of your meeting settings when you are creating the meeting? I need steps to reproduce the issue so I can debug. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.