Meeting.participant_joined webhook does not contain updated meeting topic (instant meeting)

Description
I start an instant meeting. I then change the topic from “UserName’s Zoom Meeting” to a specific topic. Later when participants join their meeting topic is still “UserName’s Zoom Meeting”, not the updated meeting topic. Is there a way to get the updated meeting topic in the webhook, or have the webhook’s “topic” be accurate to the current meeting topic?

Error
None

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
meeting.partipant_joined (and several others that include the topic)

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
See above

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
Is there a way to detect the meeting name change?

Hey @gavin,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You raise a good point—currently, this is expected behavior, and the webhook will utilize the original meeting topic for instant meetings. However, I can definitely appreciate the case you’ve raised.

I’ve gone ahead and raised this as a feature request to see if it’s something we can implement (ZOOM-239461).

I’ll be happy to update this thread, should this be something we can do.

Thanks!
Will

Well, thanks for replying. I’d love to see an update here if there is one.

The other thing I think you could consider is updating the client to set the title of instant meetings before they are created. The API allows that but as far as I can tell the client (MacOS at least) does not provide that capability.

Hi @gavin,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve shared this with our team, and will be happy to keep you abreast of any updates along these lines.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.