Monitoring unread/read messages with IM - Desktop app

Hello,

I want to monitor whether a user of a desktop application has unread messages with the Zoom Client application (desktop app).

In case there are one or more unread messages, I want to send a signal to an external device and when the message(s) is/are read, I also want to send a signal to an external device.

Is there an API function for this, I see nothing so far.

Regards,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien, thanks for posting.

We do have an endpoint to Retrieve IM Messages, but it does not have data about the state of a message: unread / read.

We do have new message APIs coming soon that may help, follow our change log here to be notified of the release.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

When you say that “new message APIs [are] coming soon”, can you be more specific on what might be available and when? Will it solve what I’m trying to do?

Thanks,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

We are planning late Q3 release for the new Chat APIs. There will be an endpoint that lists users chat messages. I will confirm with our engineers to see if the unread/read state is included in the payload.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Ok great, thanks for the info. To put the request a bit more simpler/general : I need to send a signal to an external device when there is a red badge (notification) in the Zoom Desktop App. The badge is generally there if you have an unread message, but it can also be there is you missed a “call” (instant meeting request). I also need to send a signal to the external device as soon as there is no more red badge in the Desktop App (meaning that you saw all of what you missed (calls and messages).

Cheers,

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

After checking with the engineering team, the unread/read will not be included in the payload for the planned Q3 release. I will add this as a feature request.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

Ok thanks for the info and the request!

Claudel

Happy to help!

-Tommy

@tommy Any news on this feature request?

Thanks!

Claudel

Hey @cltherrien,

We have Chat Webhooks coming out in the Spring (Q1/Q2). Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes