Read/Unread status of a chat Message and Listing all public channels

Queries

1. I was hoping to know a possible way to get the read/unread status of the message that is being fetched using : List user’s chat message API or any other API
  2. Is there a way to get data about all public channels available in an account via the API, just the way we can, using the zoom Client/Mobile app (below screen shot)

Is there a possible way to get this channel list using the API?. The current API lists only the channels to which the user is already added; as opposed to all public channels.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth: user-level

Which Endpoint/s?

Hey @abhishek_s.chaudhary,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Good questions!

I was hoping to know a possible way to get the read/unread status of the message that is being fetched using : List user’s chat message API or any other API

There is not currently an endpoint that will allow you to determine if a message has been read or not.

Is there a way to get data about all public channels available in an account via the API, just the way we can, using the zoom Client/Mobile app

Is there a possible way to get this channel list using the API?. The current API lists only the channels to which the user is already added; as opposed to all public channels.

While there isn’t a specific endpoint for this, what you can do is use the List User API to get a list of all users and then use the Get a User’s Channels API to build a unique set of channels.

If this is something that you would like to see added to a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey Max,
Thanks for the response.

The endpoint that you have mentioned, List User API and Get a User’s Channels API to fetch other user’s channels requires admin level OAuth app. We are using User level OAuth app as we don’t want every single user in our account to have an admin role. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hey @abhishek_s.chaudhary,

Thank you for the update. Thank you for clarifying, I definitely appreciate where you’re coming from. However, at this time, these endpoints will require an Admin level scope. There is not currently a way to query this endpoint with a user-level app.

Having said that, this is a great suggestion. If you would like to see this feature considered for a future release, please post in our #feature-requests category.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.