More clarify about Zoom web SDK

Hi,

I am at the end of my studies, and my project is to create custom applications with a powerful collaboration suite that includes designing and developing a web application that integrates features to optimize meetings (instant meetings, scheduled meetings, one-to-one calls, joining a Zoom meeting, and many more…). Each user can access these features by creating an account on this site.

I have read the Zoom documentation, but I’m confused about which app to use to start with. Should I use the Meeting SDK or Video SDK? Also, how can my users generate Zoom meetings without having a Zoom account?

By the way, the company i have an internship with is a Zoom partner. Please let me know if you have any advice to help me.

Thank you

@firas.ghobber Hope you will be fine.

• Meeting SDK is for Host & Join Zoom Meetings from Your App
  • Video SDK provide Sessions with your customized UI from Your App

Thank you for your previous response. Just to clarify, I believe you recommended using the Meeting SDK for hosting and joining meetings, scheduling meetings, and starting instant meetings, and the Video SDK for one-to-one calls. Is that correct, or do you have any additional recommendations based on my use case?

and that users would need a Zoom account to host meetings. Is it possible to use the Zoom API to programmatically create meetings for users who do not have a Zoom account, but do have an account in my application?

:point_up_2: Nope you can also build sessions with multiple participants using Video SDK.

In my case, I want to have a call between two users in my application. Is this possible with the video SDK?

@firas.ghobber Yes, it is possible.

Thank you Ahmed
About this question that users would need a Zoom account to host meetings. Is it possible to use the Zoom API to programmatically create meetings for users who do not have a Zoom account, but do have an account in my application. Do you have idea about it ?

@firas.ghobber Yes, but you need to register them to Zoom as API users

Here is the session → Use this API to add a new user to your Zoom account (Zoom REST API)

1 Like

@firas.ghobber You must have a pro or higher plan to use the above create api user.

Thank you, Ahmed. I will try this solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.