Multiple apps override SDK settings

Description
I’ve built an application using Custom UI. I’ve noticed that when I play with the SDK Sample app and in default UI mode while my app is running, the SDK unexpectedly changes my apps UI logic. I’ve noticed this happens to other apps built on top of the Zoom SDK as well. I assume it is caused by some global gating/switching logic that is not app scoped.

Can this be fixed?

Which version?
MacOS SDK v5.4.54518.1229 (this issue has been present in all previous versions of the SDK as well)

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. start a meeting with my app with custom UI (works well).
  2. leave the meeting but still have the app running.
  3. start the sample app with zoom default UI.
  4. start a meeting see the default UI (works well).
  5. leave the zoom meeting.
  6. start a call with my app and now it will load both the custom UI plus the zoom default UI.

Devices (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac
  • Version: Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur

Hi @daves, thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue with the SDK. Just to make sure, is this only happening with the custom UI flag, or are you seeing it for any other SDK settings?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom - thanks for responding to this.

I’m not sure if this is happening with other SDK settings but I can confirm that other apps can overwrite the custom UI flag for the ZoomSDKSample app and any other app built on top of the SDK.

Hi @daves,

Thanks, and noted. We will investigate this behavior and let you know as soon as we have an update or need additional information.

Thanks!