Multiple substitutions specified in non-positional format; did you mean to add the formatted="false" attribute?

Description
Integrated into the project(android studio 3.1.2)
an error(Multiple substitutions specified in non-positional format; did you mean to add the formatted=“false” attribute?)

How to solve?

Which version?
v4.4.55968.0904

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. iPhone6]
  • Version [e.g. 22]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi hechao24,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Please upgrade your Android Studio, Gradle to the latest version, the use the Android Q SDK to build, this should solve this issue.

Thanks!

I upgraded to AS 3.5.1,The problem is still

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Just want to confirm, have you also upgraded your gradle and Android SDK to Q?

Here is the spec that is working:

Android Studio: 3.5.1
Gradle: 3.3.2
Android SDK: API Level 29

You may refer to the settings in our demo app:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample/build.gradle

Hope this helps. Thanks!

project must support androidX?
not depend on androidx,Running will give an error “ I get this error when I try to initialize the SDK:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: us.zoom.androidlib.app.ZMActivity”

after dependency androidX, there is no problem.
but project cannot be upgraded to androidx

please help me
Thanks!

Hi hechao24,

Our Android SDK has 2 versions, the regular version requires AndroidX(the one you download from the master branch), we also offer a version that does not require AndroidX(Please note that this version’s EOL: 01/01/2020), and it is available on Github. You may find more info in the Github README:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android#latest-sdk-notifications

Thanks!

hi chen:
Existing methods have a greater impact on older projects
We need to evaluate other integration methods
web sdk Is integration into engineering(android H5) feasible?
How is performance?
What is the minimum supported android version? webview version?

thanks

Hi hechao24,

Thanks for the reply. It is not recommended to use Web SDK on mobile devices at the moment. For the prerequisites of Web SDK, you may refer to the doc at: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/Web-Client-SDK/getting-started/prerequisites.

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply, then let’s evaluate other integration methods.
Thanks

Hi hechao,

Thanks for the reply. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

hi chen,
i have the this problem ,and when i used version that does not require AndroidX ,problem is still has;
if i use AndroidX my project is not support to updrade now ,so if i use latest version my spec is:
Android Studio: 3.5.2
Gradle: 3.0.1
if i update gradle to 3.3.2 my project have constraintlayout problem ,lt remind me to use androidx constraintlayout ;but we are big project ,is too difficult to modify all the xml and class we used constraintlayout 。
so could you suggest me how to solve this problem
Thanks!

Hi xu546182762,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Are you getting the non-AndroidX version from https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/releases? And are you getting the same error message:Multiple substitutions specified in non-positional format; did you mean to add the formatted=“false” attribute when using the non-AndroidX version?

If you are getting the message stated above, that is a warning message and it should not block your usage. As long as you have the same build tool and gradle as our demo app:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/build.gradle, you should be able to build.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,
I’m getting the same error
AAPT: warn: multiple substitutions specified in non-positional format; did you mean to add the formatted=“false” attribute?.
using
Android Studio: 3.5.3
Gradle: 3.5.3

Hi sarwar.aqsa1,

Thanks for the reply. Did you configure the string.xml file? The following link could be helpful:

You may also refer to the String.xml and the Gradle settings in our demo app:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,
I’m integrating zoom sdk in my project which give me this error.
It won’t let me configure string file as mentioned in the link.

Thankyou

Please find attached error log

Hi sarwar.aqsa1,

Thanks for the reply. Were you using the non-AndroidX version of SDK and then upgrade to the Android version of SDK? We no longer provide the non-AndroidX version of SDK so the latest version requires AndroidX. You will need to migrate your project to be an AndroidX project, simply upgrading the SDK from non-Android version to AndroidX version will cause this error.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Just FYI, I ran into the same issue, and it turns out there was another error causing the build to fail (one of our custom attributes in attrs.xml happened to have a name collision with an internal attribute from the Zoom library), so it might be worth loking a tthe full logs to see what other build errors might be happening.
To make it easier to spot the error, I recommend building the app through the commandline (which should be running a command like ./gradlew assembleDebug, depending on the buildTarget name), and see what errors pop up from the logs.
Hope that helps!

Hi sam3,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thank you very much for sharing the info. Happy Zooming! :slight_smile:

minSdkVersion 21
targetSdkVersion 29
Android Studio: 3.5.3
Gradle: 3.5.3
I am getting same it error :
“Multiple substitutions specified in non-positional format; did you mean to add the formatted=“false” attribute?”