Need help diagnosing crash with custom GUI

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

Can you describe what the problem is with the demo app? It’s not obvious to me there is a bug in the demo app logic, but if there is, perhaps we are doing something similar?

Regarding @Wolf_Isaac 's comments above, AFAIK everything runs in the window message thread, so there is no chance of multi-threaded contention for the user list.

Here I am completely stumped, tried everything and my app runs for a while but frequently crashes in unsubscribe() after a user leaves. It’s pretty random, and I can’t find any pattern. I check all API calls for error status and everything looks fine.

Regards,

Bill

Hey @ministudio,

I am following up internally about this now. Hopefully we can provide some more insight here.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon is this fixed ? thanks!

@ministudio do you have a fix?
we use 1 custom video container with 1 active user element, and it crashes after 30-60m.

thanks!

Hey @tailinchu,

It appears this is still an issue. The engineers are investigating.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon is there any update here?

Thanks

Hi @nickn,

I do not see any updates on the internal ticket that we have at this time. Due to the time frame and how many developers are experiencing this issue, I am going to escalate our internal ticket and try to find some more specific information ASAP.

Thank you for your continued patience as we investigate this.

Thanks!

Hi @nickn,

I know you mentioned in another thread that you were using the version ending in 1081. Can you please confirm that this issue is also reproducible on this version of the SDK? If so, would you be able to provide the dump file from the crash?

Thanks!

Hey @jon.zoom,

I haven’t seen this crash in our application. My interest in updates is simply because of the similarity of this crash to our own.

Thanks!

Hi @ministudio @tailinchu @Wolf_Isaac,

Can you please try updating to the latest version of the SDK ending in 1081 and provide the dump file from the crash if it is still reproducible?

Thanks!

I haven’t been following the thread recently. My employer decided to abandon the product based on custom SDK and my contract with them ended. But if I ever get back to this I will try to reproduce crash with the new SDK. Thanks, Bill.

1 Like

No worries, thanks for the update! If this thread is locked by the time you resume work on the project, please feel free to open a new topic and we an go from there. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.