New Zoom Groups API Setup - Confusion

My question is 2 part question all centered around the overlying question: What API calls should I be using since the IM - Group API is no longer viable.

Goal: User Powershell → Invoke-Restmethod to communicate Zoom Groups API to: Add/Remove/move users throughout Groups. This will be done by using the generated code given to me from PostMan, which has the Zoom API library imported

Prerequisite: I removed and re-added the Zoom API library to Postman hoping I just had an outdate version. It did not help

Problem 1: The following code was generated by postman to use the API path: /groups/{group Id}/members → POST Add group members

$headers = New-Object "System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary[[String],[String]]"
$headers.Add("Content-Type", "multipart/form-data")
$headers.Add("Accept", "application/json")

$multipartContent = [System.Net.Http.MultipartFormDataContent]::new()
$stringHeader = [System.Net.Http.Headers.ContentDispositionHeaderValue]::new("form-data")
$stringHeader.Name = "members"
$stringContent = [System.Net.Http.StringContent]::new("[{`"id`":`"someID`",`"email`":`"employeeX@nelsonjameson.com`"}]")
$stringContent.Headers.ContentDisposition = $stringHeader
$multipartContent.Add($stringContent)

$body = $multipartContent

$response = Invoke-RestMethod 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/groups/velit aliqua irure deserunt cupidatat/members?access_token=myToken' -Method 'POST' -Headers $headers -Body $body
$response | ConvertTo-Json

When run with the latest version of powershell 7 I get the error:

Invoke-RestMethod:
Line |
  14 |  $response = Invoke-RestMethod 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/groups/velit al …
     |              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     | {"code":300,"message":"Unsupported Content Type"}

Why would this be happening?

Problem 2: The API path /groups/{groupId}/members/{memberId} → PATCH Update a group member
IS NOT present in Postman > Zoom API methods.

Do I just have the wrong version of the Zoom API libraries imported into my Postman? I couldn’t seem to find recent up-to-date documentation for getting the latest definitions into Postman.
More to that point, am I using the correct calls/libraries to replace my: IM → Groups calls?

Any help appreciated, you need more info let me know.

Hi @s.brandl ,

Reference this link here for the correct request set up: Postman

This should be “application/json”. Did you select “PowerShell - RestMethod” for the Code Snippet on Postman?

Here it is: Postman

Let me know if it helps!

Thank you so much @gianni.zoom !
I must be coming up short on following the Postman documentation/releases you guys create.

This is the first I’ve heard that there is a public Postman Workspace that I can “Fork” now.

I used old documentation to ‘Import’ into my local instance of Postman, with what was probably an old/outdated link.

Now that I know I can just “Pull Changes” from my own Fork, I am a much happier programmer.
:grinning:

Hey @s.brandl , happy to help! We welcome your feedback and collaboration on the workspace to make it better for fellow developers :slight_smile: