No replies to my post - please help

Hi,

I created the following post months ago and have yet to receive any response. I’d really appreciate any assistance:

We have an existing MacOS native app and would like to provide users the ability to start zoom meetings from within the app. We’re able to do so via the Meeting SDK but including the SDK has increased our app size significantly.

1. Is it possible to allow users to start a zoom meeting by launching the stand-alone zoom app from within our app via REST API calls?
  2. If so, what app type should we then register our app as?
  3. If not, is there some other way to reduce the number of SDK files needed to launch a meeting?

Thanks.

Hi @blain ,

1. Is it possible to allow users to start a zoom meeting by launching the stand-alone zoom app from within our app via REST API calls?

Yes, absolutely. Using an OAuth app with the meeting.write scope, your app can create and read meeting information for installed users. The Meeting API will provide a start URL (for the host) and join URL for meeting participants. Clicking/launching this URL will route the user to a zoom.us domain and then launch the Zoom application on their device.

The app will need to be published onto our App Marketplace to allow for users outside of your account to install the app.

Sorry to hear the size of the macOS SDK is causing issues. We understand this can be improved and are work to get the smallest package size where possible. As an interoperable Zoom client, the Meeting SDK has a number of required dependencies that we are not able to remove at this time.

If you have not yet, I’d recommend looking into our Video SDK which we provided intentionally to be lighter and provide more flexible developer options.

Hi @michael.zoom,

Thanks very much for the response. Do you have any recommendations re the best way to implement OAuth on MacOS?

I will definitely checkout the Video SDK.

Hi, @blain ,

Yes, we have help documentation that provides instructions for implementing PKCE OAuth and the Meeting SDK for macOS. Proof Key for Code Exchange (PKCE) is an OAuth flow newly supported by Zoom and it is similar to the standard Authorization Code flow, except it does not require that you have a backend server to get the authorization token. I’ve linked the support documentation below for reference:

PKCE OAuth and the Meeting SDK for macOS

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/macos/build-an-app/pkce/

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.