Nothing happens after I click screen button

I have added broadcast extension and screen button is visible but nothing happens after I clicked that button .
Client iOS SDK version - zoom-sdk-ios-5.4.54802-2.0124

I am using below code -

func onClickShareScreen(_ parentVC: UIViewController) {
guard let service = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService() else {
return }

if service.isStartingShare() {
            service.stopAppShare()
        } else {
            service.startAppShare()

let broadcastPicker = RPSystemBroadcastPickerView(frame: CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: UIScreen.main.bounds.size.width/2, height:UIScreen.main.bounds.size.height/2))
            broadcastPicker.preferredExtension = "com.3di.GoodJobQA.richNotificationService"

parentVC.view.addSubview(broadcastPicker)
            parentVC.view.bringSubviewToFront(broadcastPicker)
        }
}

Hey @louteshweta27,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

I dont think you need to use the startAppShare if you are using a broadcast extension to share. The broadcast extension itself should be able to inform the SDK that a share is starting. So, my first suggestion would be to remove the

if service.isStartingShare() {
service.stopAppShare()
} else {
service.startAppShare()

logic. After that, I would set a breakpoint on the parentVC.view.addSubview(broadcastPicker) line to verify that that line is getting reached. Let me know what happens after that.

Thanks!
Michael

hi @Michael_Condon ,
I removed the code you suggested to me and set the break point at parentVC.view.addSubview(broadcastPicker) line after this nothing is happening
neither getting any error nor anything

is it possible to check screen share function on simulator?

Hey @louteshweta27,

Ah my mistake, I should’ve asked about this earlier. No this feature does not work on simulator. It is a limitation of iOS.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.