Https://devforum.zoom.us/t/app-crash-happens/4144/158?u=michael_condon

@saroroo123

Hi

I am having trouble with Share screen process in Zoom SDK. I have added the onClickShareScreen function in my code but I can not able to see Screen button while I am tapping Share button at bottom.

Also when I try to run the build in Simulator (using this SDK ios-mobilertc-all-4.6.21666.0428-n ) it was showing correctly. I can see the Screen button.

When I trying to run the build in real time device (using this SDK zoom-sdk-ios-4.6.21666.0428) it was not showing. :frowning:

Please give your opinion. what I need to do to show the Screen button in real time device. Thanks!

Zoom SDK version: 4.6.21666.0428
iOS device and Version: iPhone 8 and 13.3.1
xCode: 11.3.1
Language: Objective C

Hey @saroroo123,

Getting screen sharing to work is definitely tricky, but I think we can figure it out together :slight_smile:

First, the simulator framework and device framework have different limitations, which is why you see different behavior on both.

It is good that you have already added the onClickShareScreen function, because that is indeed required.

Here are some other things to double check:

• App groups need to be enabled for both your app target and your broadcast extension target. They also need to be the same app groupID.

• When you initialize the SDK, there should be a line similar to this:
    yourSDKcontext.appGroupId = “group.com.zoom.yourAppID”.

• In your broadcastHandler class (this class is called SampleHandler by default), you should have something like:

class SampleHandler: RPBroadcastSampleHandler, MobileRTCScreenShareServiceDelegate {

var screenShareService: MobileRTCScreenShareService?

override init() {
        super.init()

screenShareService = MobileRTCScreenShareService()
        screenShareService?.appGroup = "group.com.zoom.dev.ZoomiOSSDKAdvancedfeatures"
        screenShareService?.delegate = self
    }

Let me know if it is still not working after adding these.
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon
Thanks for the reply and info. Yes I have added all the things that you mentioned. Still I can not see the Screen button in Share options.

I need to fix this issue ASAP because this is in live app issue :frowning: Thanks!

Hey @saroroo123

Does the meeting support appShare?

Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon
I got the issue. In Sample Handler class my app group id is gets differed. I have set the original app group id and it’s working fine in my end. Thanks a lot. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey @saroroo123,

Awesome! Im glad you got it working! Nice job!

Let us know if you have any other questions
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

I am facing one issue that is,

1. Host have initiated the zoom call (consider meeting id is 12345).
  2. Now Participant did not join the call
  3. Now Host just ended the meeting (meeting id 12345)
  4. Then Now participant going to join the call using this meeting id 12345 means then meeting window gets opened and meeting window shows the meeting id as 12345. That means Host already ended meeting gets reconnected via participant.

this is really surprise us because host already ended meeting id gets reconnected via participant. I am not sure is this related to SDK issue. Please check it.

Zoom SDK version: 4.6.21666.0428
iOS device and Version: iPhone 8 and 13.3.1
xCode: 11.3.1
Language: Swift

also , here is the code details that I am using for start and join the meeting,

Start Meeting:
let response: MobileRTCMeetError? = service?.startMeeting(with: param!)

Join Meeting
let response: MobileRTCMeetError? = service?.joinMeeting(with: paramDict)

here is the issue video link : https://vimeo.com/user104806090/review/459352173/bca4ba6e0a
Please check my audio.

Please check this and share your thoughts!

Hey @saroroo123

If I am understanding the situation correctly, I believe this is intended behavior. If the ‘participant’ has hosting privileges, they can start the meeting themself. If not, the participant would either be put into a waiting room or informed the meeting has been ended. The reason the meeting number can be used more than once is because a recurring meeting would have the same meeting number every time so that new invites would not have to be sent to all participants before each occurrence of a meeting.

Let me know if that clears anything up.

Thanks!
Michael