NSPopover that displays NSCollectionView issue

Problem:

There is a NSPopover that displays some NSViewController with NSCollectionView and methods of NSCollectionViewDelegate works fine while I don’t integrate ZoomSDK.

After ZoomSDK integration step the NSCollectionView doesn’t inform the delegate about events.

I guess the reason MAY BE in ZCommonUI.framework. There are a lot of categories (extensions) of different UI components of Cocoa library in this framework. So, in my opinion, one of the reasons may be in ZCommonUI.framework. But I can be wrong about the real location of the problem.

Repository with a demo project:

I have attached a repository with a demo project.

There are two folders ‘With Zoom SDK’ and ‘Without Zoom SDK’.
It’s the same project in this folders, but with one difference:

• there is the project with integrated ZoomSDK, where methods of NSCollectionViewDelegate don’t work. It’s ‘With Zoom SDK’ folder.
  • there is the project without integrated ZoomSDK, where methods of NSCollectionViewDelegate works correctly. It’s ‘Without Zoom SDK’ folder.

I understand that it’s close to unreal to cover all cases by tests. And I hope it will help you. Feel free to ask questions to understand more about this case.

https://bitbucket.org/anton-yereshchenko-tc/popover/src/master/

Hi @anton.yereshchenko, thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues after adding the SDK to your project. After looking through your sample projects, I just have one question to ensure I am correctly understanding. This change in behavior is observed without actually referencing the SDK in your project, right?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thank you for the replay.

For example, if you download the project from the folder “With Zoom SDK” and run the project you will get the issue.
If you download the project from the folder “With Zoom SDK”, remove the SDK, and run the project you won’t get the issues and click will be work correct.

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

I completely understand which project has the issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

What I am trying to verify is that there are no code changes between the two projects. That seems to be the case as far as I can tell, but I wanted to confirm with you that I am not overlooking anything.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Yes, absolutely, there are no code changes between the two projects, I confirm it.
The difference is only the presence of the SDK.

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

We have confirmed that this is a bug with the SDK and will resolve it in the next release. Be sure to keep an eye on our release notes for the next version. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

1 Like

@jon.zoom Thank you!

Happy to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach back out if you run into any other issues.

@jon.zoom Thank you and all Zoom dev team!

this issues is fixed in v5.5.12509.0330 version

:rocket:

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s working properly now! :slightly_smiling_face:

@jon.zoom Hi!

We have figured out that this issue is fixed when there isn’t active call. But when the user is on the call this issue is still appear. I mean the user doesn’t have ability to interact with the UI controls that is locate in NSPopover window while Zoom call is active.
Note: For my opinion behaviour is very similar to first responder interception.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Thank you for letting me know that you are still experiencing this issue when the meeting UI is active. We will need to investigate this and get back to you.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom yeah, great, and I want to clarify that it’s happen in custom UI flow.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Thanks for clarifying that it is occurring with a custom UI. Would it be possible to provide a small demo app in which you are able to reproduce this? If so, you could send it over to developersupport@zoom.us and mention this thread so that we can speed up the investigation on this front.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom

Yeah, demo project helped us, we have found the reason of this behaviour. And ZoomSDK wasn’t be the reason.
Thank you for your help!

I think this issue fully fixed in v5.5.12509.0330 version.

That’s great to hear, thanks for keeping us updated!