Oauth verification token for Deauthorization

Hi Zoom master,

Description
Verification Token is now show in App management pagefeature tab only when I created a event subscriptions. But before this, it is always show in feature tab. We use this token to verify deauthorize event when user uninstall app.

I want to confirm that is the Verification Token still contained in deauthorize event request header. And is it always same with the Verification Token shows in feature tab after I set event subscriptions?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hey @vince246,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Yes, the verification token sent in the Deauthorization post request should still include the verification token from the webhook feature tab.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi MaxM
I got it. Thanks for your confirmation!

I also don’t see a verification token displayed on the Feature tab when I only have a deauthorization URL set but no other event subscriptions. If I add some other random event subscription, it will generate a verification token, but if I remove it, the token disappears again. I don’t really want to leave my app subscribed to events that I don’t need just to be able to verify the deauthorization event.

Hey @BobT,

You’re right in identifying that this is a user experience flaw on our end. I’ll work with our team to make sure this is fixed. For the time being, you will want to create an event subscription even if you’re not consuming the events that are generated.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.