Exciting news, HubSpot has developed the new, official Zoom for HubSpot app!
On January 14th, 2019, we will be decommissioning (shutting down) the old HubSpot Connector app which Zoom built. It is already made invisible from the App Marketplace to prevent new installations.
What is Changing?
Old “HubSpot Connector” app (built by Zoom) is being replaced by the new, official “Zoom for HubSpot” app (built by HubSpot).
When Will This Change Occur?
Friday, January 14th, 2019
Why is the Change Being Made?
- HubSpot has fully ported all functionality from the old app into their new app.
- You will receive more efficient support for this app, because HubSpot will be assuming ownership of customer support for the app.
- The new app greatly improves the user experience, is more deeply integrated into HubSpot, and installing the app is much simpler.
- New features and updates to HubSpot will be seamlessly integrated and more error-free, since HubSpot owns the integration.
How the Change May Impact Old HubSpot Connector app Subscribers, or Your End-Users?
- Anyone who has installed the old HubSpot Connector app, will need to install the new “Zoom for HubSpot” app, and then UNINSTALL the old “HubSpot Connector” app.
- If you uninstall the old app before installing the new app, any current Webinar Registrant Workflow integrations will stop operating.
- If you uninstall the old app before installing the new app, you will be unable to add Zoom to NEW Meetings from within HubSpot
- End-Users will receive two (2) email notifications for any Meetings configured to have Zoom meetings, until the OLD HubSpot Connector app is decommissioned on January 14, 2019…OR until you uninstall the OLD HubSpot Connector app manually via the Zoom App Marketplace => Manage => Installed Apps => HubSpot Connector => Uninstall
What Happens to Your Data?
- All existing Meeting links will still be fully operational.
- No NEW Meeting links can be added, until you install/re-configure the official “Zoom for HubSpot” app.
- All your Zoom Webinar and Webinar Registrant data will remain in-tact
- No NEW registrants can be added, until you install/re-configure the official “Zoom for HubSpot” app.
- No data loss will occur on either your Zoom account, or your HubSpot account. However, any new incoming engagements may result in one of the above scenarios.