On host accidental leave no call back is triggering

After updating web SDK to 1.9.9, whenever host leaves meeting accidently like internet discussion then no call back is receiving after specific time on both Android and iOS sdks based applications.

It was all working fine on 1.9.8 web sdk.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
Web Meeting SDK 1.9.9

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join meeting as host from web sdk
  2. Join meeting as member on android/ iOS sdk based application
  3. Disconnect from internet on web sdk
  4. Observer for few seconds and you’ll see no call back is triggered.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: [Dell]
  • Browser: [Chrome]
  • Browser Version [95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Hey @haider.saleem ,

Which callback are you referring to? The User Left Meeting Webhook or the onUserLeave event listener?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,
The callbacks which should get triggered are:

• onMeetingUserLeave

• onMeetingHostChanged

They’re triggering if coach left hosted meeting through desktop or mobile app but in case of web sdk, its not working.

Hey @haider.saleem,

Thanks for providing that information. Are you able to provide an example of how you are setting those listeners? You mentioned that you were using the iOS and Android SDKs as well so I want to make sure I understand how to reproduce the issue. Are you able to provide steps for me to see this on my end as well?

Thanks,
Max

Hi,

Here is the code

inMeetingService.addListener(newInMeetingListener());

private InMeetingServiceListener newInMeetingListener() {
        return inMeetingServiceListener = new InMeetingServiceListener() {
            @Override
            public void onMeetingUserLeave(List<Long> list) {..}
            @Override
            public void onMeetingHostChanged(long userId) {..}
           //Other methods
    };}

and steps to reproduce:

1. Join meeting as host from web sdk.
  2. Join meeting as member on android/ iOS sdk based application.
  3. Disconnect from internet on web sdk.
  4. Observer for few seconds and you’ll see no call back is triggered on mobile android/iOS SDK based app.

Hey @haider.saleem ,

Currently these event listeners are only triggered after a participant leaves the meeting. They are not supported for network disconnections.

We suggest using the webhooks which work for network disconnections:

Thanks,
Tommy

The same thing work fines for other SDKs, then why it is not working with web? and on disconnection, user is supposed to leave meeting automatically? If yes, then it should trigger leave meeting listener.

Hi, @haider.saleem,

Thank you for your questions and for calling attention to this behavior. It is possible that more latency may be experienced with Web disconnections.This could result from a number of factors including environment, how the device communicates from the internet, phone data setting that determine what Cellular data is allowed when you are not on wi-fi etc. Here is a helpful article which offers more details on what increases internet latency. Have you verified with your device provider what is required for it to get push notifications ?

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

Hi @donte.zoom ,

The answers from zoom dev forum are not satisfactory, the issue reported is not happening with only 1 person rather It is happening for our QA’s and clients as well.

It was working all fine before the Web Meeting SDK 1.9.9, idk why your team doesn’t test an sdk properly before releasing it.

Currently, there are 3-4 tickets opened by me in the last 2-3 months and none of them are addressed in your new releases.

Kindly look into this matter asap and with responsibility.

Thanks.

Hey @haider.saleem,

I’m sorry to hear that we haven’t gotten back to you with your most recent inquiries. If you’re able to provide your ticket numbers here I’ll make sure that we get back to you ASAP.

In regard to this issue, it looks like this functionality isn’t currently supported. Instead, we recommend using Webhooks. If you saw this was working in the past, it looks like this wasn’t intentional.

However, I can definitely understand the desire to have this functionality baked in to the Web SDK. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.