Outlook Plugin - How to Position Zoom Ribbon Group or Call .EXE From Custom Buttons

Description

Since the Outlook plugin places its button group on the ribbon right after the new message group, can we somehow get the Zoom group to place itself as the last group on the ribbon?

If that cannot be done, can we launch the zoom.exe from our own buttons on the ribbon? We would need to know the correct parameters to send the .exe in order to match the functionality of the buttons in the existing Zoom ribbon group.

The file version of the Zoom.exe we are using is 4.6.19253.401

This is for Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

Hey @acima,

Can you share a link or screenshots? I am not sure what you are referring to.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I don’t think I can give you a screenshot because of corporate policy. But just to explain further - The Zoom plugin for Outlook places a Zoom group on the ribbon with 2 buttons in it (Schedule a Meeting, Start Instant Meeting).

That button group gets placed on the ribbon near the beginning of the ribbon, right after the built-in Outlook group for creating new message items. We want to have the Zoom group load at or near the end of the ribbon instead, all the way over to the right-hand side. Usually the positioning of groups on the ribbon is set an instruction in a ribbon.xml file that is part of the addin or plugin.

The basic question is, can the plugin load itself without specifying a position on the ribbon? This way it would be easier to get it to load near the end of the ribbon.

Thank you for any help you can give on this.

Hey @acima,

I am not sure what plugin you are referring to. Can you share a link to the plugin itself?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Here is the link to the Outlook plugin download page on Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200881399-Microsoft-Outlook-plugin-desktop-

Al

Thanks @acima,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us for this since it is not apart of the Zoom Developer Platform.

Thanks,
Tommy