Mute/Unmute botton placement incorrect

Description
The placement of action buttons (like “Unmute”) is incorrect in the version 1.9.0 of the websdk.

Error
When you hover over a speaker in a zoom web client meeting. Action buttons are awkwardly placed on the middle left of the user (see screenshot).

Which Client Web SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join a meeting with the sample app (using websdk 1.9.0)
  2. Make sure there are other users in the meeting
  3. Hover over a user, and notice that buttons (like “Unmute”) appear in the middle left side of the user. See the screenshot attached.

Screenshots

Notice the location of the unmute button. This location of this button is different than where it is for other versions of zoom. Usually this button appears in the top right (next to the “…”).

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 88.0.4324.96

Additional context
The location of these action buttons in the 1.9.0 websdk mark a distinct disparity between the websdk and other zoom clients.

Hey @psehgal,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. So far, I haven’t seen this issue on my end but it looks like you’re using an ultrawide monitor while mine is 16:9. Do you have any custom CSS running on the page that might be causing this? Similar to the other post that we have, do you see the same issue when using the Sample Web App?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I am seeing this button placement on the sample app. There is no custom CSS. I can try on a different screen size.

Hey @psehgal,

So we can understand the issue better, can you provide a screenshot of how you were seeing the mute button in previous versions?

Thanks,
Tommy

On other versions of zoom it’s like this:

The native client places it on the top right:

If I join a meeting from my browser (instead of using the native app), I see it in the top right as well:

Hey @psehgal,

I was able to reproduce this issue when using the Sample Web App and have since reached out to our engineering team to see if they are able to provide a fix.

I’ll be sure to update you when I have more information. (CS-3128)

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.