Participant Joined Webhook – Mapping user_id to registrant_id

Hello everyone,
I too was facing the same issue, even though the Zoom client is 5.1.1 (28546.0628). Which is lastest as of today.

Just wanted to know the update on this.

Issue Description:
When adding Registrant into meeting via API. I get registrant_id which is alpha-number, along with join-url.
When joining the meeting with this url, the weebhook gives be meeting.participant_joined event but the participant(inner object of object) from json response contains the following info.

• "participant":{
          "user_id":"<some random numbers of length 8>",
          "user_name":"mahesh biswas",
          "id":"",
          "join_time":"2020-06-30T08:37:35Z"
    }

id is blank and user_id != registrant_id

2 Likes

Hi @tommy,

Can you provide details on the fix? The documentation doesn’t seem to have been updated as it still states that
If participant joins without logging into Zoom, the value of this field will be blank.

And can you confirm this is dependent on the Zoom Client version?
It sounds odd that this fix is dependent on client as the webhook calls should be a server side implementation.

Thanks!

Same problem here, id is blank regardless of whether the participant is logged in or not. Please provide a fix ASAP. Thanks

Hey @diegoj, @dsousa, @mahesh.biswas07,

Please email your details about the issue, and the webhook JSON to developersupport@zoom.us so we can debug.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, we’re still having the same issue.

I’ll email a screenshot with some useful info to developersupport@zoom.us

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Any updates on this? There is no way to catch when a api-registered user joins or leaves a meeting…

@develapweb FYI, I had to do a workaround. If the attendee changes the name, the webhook will always report the original name, so I set the name of the registered attendee to “Full Name (–ID–)” and then in the webhook I parsed the --ID-- from the name. It’s a terrible solution but better than nothing. Hope it helps.

3 Likes

Thanks for your sharing your work around @diegoj! :slight_smile:

@develapweb, here is the current logic:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 1.56.38 PM

-Tommy

Thanks @CISIA, we will be with you shortly.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you @Tommy,
we’re really looking forward to see this fix, we’re counting on it and since I noticed the bug we’ve been using the work around that also @diegoj suggested but we’d really appreciate to use the built-in field

thanks again.

1 Like

Happy to hear you are using the workaround in the meantime! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy i have the same problem with some addition as the participant object not returned can you help me ?
{
event: ‘meeting.participant_joined’,
payload: {
account_id: ‘xxxxxxxxxxx’,
operator: undefined,
object: {
uuid: undefined,
id: ‘83633246624’,
host_id: ‘xxxxxxxxxxxx’,
topic: ‘Test’,
type: 8,
start_time: ‘2020-08-09T12:30:16Z’,
duration: 60,
timezone: ‘xxxxx/xxxxx’
}
}
}

Hey @omarfares802,

I have replied to you here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,

As i also do have the same problem like everyone is having.
After i register attendees, i get registrant ID and i also get Join url from list of registrants API.
Now, i want to track real time attendees for my zoom meeting.
For that, i am using meeting.participant_joined webhook, which does not return registrant ID, it’s blank for people joining with their personal join url.
Any help please please?

Thank you.

Hi @malvika.ite,

I can see that we’ve already connected over at Developer Support, so I will continue the conversation there.

Thanks,
Will

Any update to this? If there is another thread tracking this issue, please provide a link.

I’m still having the same issue as mentioned above.

1 Like

Hey @zachw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Unfortunately, I don’t have any new information on this just yet. In the meantime, are you able to use the workaround suggested by @diegoj?

Please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max at Zoom.

It seems that JotForm has figured out a way to register people outside of Zoom and display their proper names during the Zoom.

Ex: Hillel At Home

Do you know what they are doing differently?

Hey @zachw,

Thank you for the update. Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you are referring to when you say that they are displaying their proper names in Zoom?

It’s possible that they are enabling registration for the meeting and registering that user then using an API call to fetch registrant information. This is covered in a previous forum post:

After I see what you are referring to I may be able to be more specific.

Thanks,
Max

Please see here: