Meeting Registrant ID and meeting live participant ID is not matching?

Hi Team,

I created a meeting with registration and some custom questions.

Through this API : https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meetingId}/registrants
i am able to get all the registrants details.

When the meeting started through this Api :https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants
i am getting all the live participants.

How to match the registrant details with the participants joining meeting. In registrants api i have ID and for Participants API i have ID and User ID. In these which one i have to match or else is there another way to match the details. Because i need to match the details of the registrant with participant.

Thanks,
Sankar.

Hi @sankar, we’re working on providing better authentication tools for meeting registration.

Currently, without a single consistent login origin from an individual, they are counted as different users.

Hi Michael, Thanks for your reply. So it will be difficult to match the registrant ID with Participant ID.

But we can match them with email right? i am getting the email in registrant api but i am not getting the email in participants API.

Please let me know how can i get the email of the participant joined the meeting dynamically.

Thanks,
Sankar

Hey @sankar,

The id in the Participant Joined Webhook and the participant report and dashboard endpoints should match the registrant id.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I am also having this same issue and thank you for emailing me with this thread.

Unfortunately the ID’s do not match because of the very last part of that screenshot

“If participant joins without logging into Zoom, the value of this field will be blank”

I have noticed that for meeting registrants that are not part of the Zoom Account, and are just guests that use the Join Url to connect to the meeting, then the “id” field is blank. This is the source of the problem I am having.

Graham

Hi @tommy,

No registrant Id and Participant Id both are not identical. Please check the screen shots.

Let me know how can i identify the same attendee participating in meeting after registration?

Thanks,
Sankar.

Hey @gharoldson, @sankar,

Can you private message me the meetingID so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I just created a test meeting, and attended it with a guest that isn’t part of the main account to simulate the same problem.

The meeting id is 936-0551-4760

Thanks!
Graham

By the way Tommy,

I would be glad to jump on a call if it will help us resolve this issue any quicker.

Graham

Hey @gharoldson,

Is the guest logged into their Zoom Account? If they are not logged in the id will be blank.

-Tommy

Hi Tommy,

No they are not logged in. This is the whole issue i’m trying to resolve : How to link up participant webhooks with the initial registration to the meeting/webinar. Even if it’s just email. It seems webhooks are absolutely useless when registrants to meetings are just guests.

Graham

Hey @gharoldson,

Can you please send the meeting ID you are seeing this for and the webhook JSON to developersupport@zoom.us. We will assist you there.

Thanks,
Tommy

Has this been resolved? I’m seeing the same thing. On a meeting that requires registration, I call /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants to add a registrant and receive a registrant Id. When I receive the meeting.participant_joined webhook, the participant Id is not the same. It is not blank.

In my last test the participant Id was 5gWJtIbtTzuotsp6TaFQPw when the registrant Id was rhmvsK-LSMONofT4-2YdUA

This is with a logged-in participant.

Hey @alden,

Here is how the registration and participant logic works:

Thanks,
Tommy

Right, what I’s saying is this statement is not true. Participant Id does not match Registrant ID when registration required. Fred has done an analysis in this thread: Unable to map meeting registrant id with live participant id

Hey @alden,

Participant Id does not match Registrant ID when registration required if the user is logged in when joining the meeting. I will respond in the other thread.

Thanks,
Tommy

This is confusing, as doing this in the equivalent Webinar API’s seems to work.

1 Like

Hey @gagathos,

Can you explain further what you are seeing?

Thanks,
Tommy